I’m ready. Are you? If so, let’s do this now.
Vee Popat is a Google AdWords certified digital marketing professional with Advanced AdWords certifications in Search and Display Advertising.
He has 20 years strategic marketing experience, including 12 years of experience with SEO, SEM, website development, and digital marketing.
He provides social media marketing strategy as well as comprehensive search engine optimization strategy to business from Toronto to St. Catharines, Niagara.
VPDM Digital Marketing is his boutique inbound content marketing, SEO and social media marketing agency. Vee is most certainly is accomplished in digital marketing, social media marketing and engagement, search engine marketing (SEM), SEO, website development, and digital content creation.
That trendsetting campaign went viral, twice and resulted in a 10,000% increase in website traffic, unprecedented growth in social media engagement, international media attention and a significant increase in revenue for the client.
The iconic photographs of people freaking out inside the haunted factory has now developed into meme-like status, continuing to go viral each fall.
Vee’s educational background includes an Honours Bachelors of Business Management degree from Ryerson University with a Marketing major and International Business minor.
His professional background also includes over a decade in the music business working in sales, media relations, radio promotion, and marketing for major and indie record labels including: EMI Music Canada, Virgin Music Canada, True North Records, Attic Records, and Universal Music Canada.
He was responsible for crafting innovative Canadian marketing and promotion campaigns for several independent and multinational selling artists. More info on this is below.
Most recently, Vee has adapted his experience and skill set to provide businesses with website and digital strategy consultation, social media marketing consulting, strategy execution, community management, website optimization and SEO.
His work has been with a variety of business sectors, which has contributed to his vast experience with marketing. You can view his clients here.
Vee’s originally from Toronto, ON, runs the shop from St. Catharines, ON, and currently lives in Niagara Falls, ON.
Always available for website optimization, SEO, SEM, and social media marketing consulting, talk to Vee and start building your digital presence now.
- Created, strategized and managed a highly effective social media marketing campaign that went viral twice, gained international media attention, and significantly increased revenue for his client.
- His campaign with Nightmares Fear Factory is featured in the Hall of Fame Section of Scott Stratten’s (@UnMarketing) new book “The Book of Business Awesome/UnAwesome”.
- Google AdWords Certified Professional – Search Advertising Certification.
- Google AdWords Certified Professional – Display Advertising Certification.
- He’s Introduced, implemented and strategized successful social media campaigns and SEO for a variety of business sectors including radio stations, luxury hotels, tourist attractions, restaurants, and more. Each led to a significant increase in exposure and revenue.
- Significantly contributed to the marketing and promotion of several domestic and international music artists resulting in mass media exposure, increased CD sales, and lucrative tours.
- Conceived and executed several radio and tv promotions and special events for domestic and international music artists resulting in co-marketing opportunities, sponsorships, and mass exposure.
Vee’s Digital Marketing Certifications:
- Digital Marketing & Strategy
- Social Media – Strategic Execution and Management
- Community Management
- Website Development & Strategy
- Content Creation/Idea Generation
- Event Production
- Music Marketing
- Execution: Making it happen & getting it done!
Background: Music Industry Marketing, Promotion, Media Relations:
Reflecting on his career Vee says:
“As long as I can remember, I’ve always wanted to work in music. I was fortunate to get my first real gig in the music industry 6 weeks after graduating University. It started well before that, probably jamming on box drums in the basement and trying to start a band with friends in public school.
I DJ’d my grade 8 graduation and later started working in record retail at Sam the Record Man while in high school. Played in bands and DJ’d throughout high school and University. I continued record retail (HMV) and got promoted to Management (A&A Records & Tapes) and head office Marketing (Sunrise Records) while in University.
I decided marketing and promotion in music is what I wanted to do and I went for it with full force and was successful in reaching my goal! I spent over a decade in the music business doing Sales, Media Relations, Radio Promotion, and Marketing for a number of indie and major record labels including: Universal Music Canada, Attic Records, Virgin Music Canada, EMI Music Canada, and True North Records/Linus Entertainment.
I also taught Artist Management at Metalworks Institute and operated my own artist management company and indie record label for a few years.
During my time I’d been fortunate to work with incredible artists on the independent level to multi-national level. Some of these artists include: The Rolling Stones, Janet Jackson, Lenny Kravitz, Radiohead, Tom Jones, Maestro Fresh Wes, Janes Addiction, Coldplay, Nickelback, K-Os, Chingy, Norah Jones, Iron Maiden, Keith Urban, The Tragically Hip, Robbie Williams, Slipknot, Fear Factory, Fatboy Slim, Daft Punk, A Perfect Circle, The Dandy Warhols, The Tea Party, David Usher, Nikki Sixx, Dave Navarro, Perry Farrell, and many more.
I can honestly say I loved every single minute of my time in the music business. The old proverb says “all good things must come to an end” and my time spent in the music business is my perfect example”.
Vee currently lives in Niagara Falls, Ontario. He has two boys aged 15 and 9 who keep him very happy and very busy when he’s not working. He enjoys music, pop culture, current events, technology, movies, TV, reading, self-improvement, history, roots, rock, reggae, and stimulating discussion and debate.
Want to know more? Reach out and contact Vee, he’ll be more than happy to hear from you.