Build Better Facebook Ads with Enhanced Call To Action Buttons
Facebook is really making it sexy for brands to advertise on the world’s largest social platform. I mean aside from diminishing organic reach and keeping your company’s posts out of your fans/followers News Feeds. We want and need better Facebook ads and options. Advertisers can now create better Facebook ads that will drive traffic to your landing pages.
Last week Facebook rolled out new ways for social media advertisers to increase sales and traffic to your website. New enhanced call-to-action buttons are now available for you and this makes for better Facebook ads.
Previously, Facebook made it challenging to for brands to get users off of Facebook and on to their website or landing pages. Now, these better Facebook Ads actually help to facilitate this process.
Hmm, I wonder why? Maybe because since they want businesses to pay to play on their platform, they decided that had to allow us social media managers to actually get traffic to our website or landing page from Facebook.
Enhanced Call-To-Action Buttons
When you create a Page post ad to drive traffic to your landing page, Facebook now allows you to add a call-to-action button to help achieve click through. Here’s the way your business will benefit from these new enhanced ads:
1. Help your audience take action: Help your audience clearly understand the action you want them to take after seeing the ad.
2. Get large clickable space for your website link: The photo, text box and call-to-action button all link to your website.
3. Choose specific call-to-action buttons for your ads: You can choose from 5 actions: Shop Now, Learn More, Sign Up, Book Now or Download.
Before you create a Page post ad with a call-to-action button, you’ll need to select an objective for your ad.
1. Clicks to Website: This is a basic ad objective encouraging users to visit your website.
2. Website Conversions: This is what I’m talking about! This advanced option allows advertisers to create a pixel to put on your website that tracks conversions, including check-out, sign up’s, and leads.
It’s important to note that the call-to-action buttons are available for ads that are shown ion the News Feed only on both mobile and desktop. That’s fine with me as I feel that’s the best place for an ‘ad’ – right in your qualified users News Feed.
Tips For Enhanced Call-To-Action Facebook Ads
If you follow these tips for your creative, you’ll ensure your ad looks good in all placements.
- Keep your marketing copy (text) 90 characters.
- Your link title should be no more than 25 characters.
- Maintain an image ratio of 1.91:1.
- Keep your image size 1200 pixels x 627 pixels.
- Always keep a minimum image width of 600 pixels for ads appearing in News Feed.
- Keep posts short, simple and authentic.
- Use lifestyle photos or attractive product images.
- Avoid overlaying text on top of photos.
- As before, don’t forget that images with more than 20% text will be not be approved.
“We’re seeing that Facebook advertisers with direct response goals are increasingly leveraging Page post ads in News Feed––where people spend the bulk of their time on Facebook.”
– Laurie Cutts, Director of Marketing, Nanigans
=”https://www.facebook.com/business/a/online-sales/calls-to-actions”>How The Enhanced Ads Work
Here’s how to add a call-to-action button when you create ads:
- Go to the ads create tool
- Select your ad objective
- Choose an image
- Choose your ad placement
- Add ad text and a call-to-action button
- Select your ad targeting
- Choose your target audience. Learn more about our targeting options.
- Set up your campaign and budget
Are you ready to set up your new enhanced call-to-action ad’s on Facebook? If you need more details check out this post from Facebook for Business.
Get started and Create Your Ad Now.
Would also love to hear your thoughts on these better Facebook ads. Are they better? Do you plan on using call-to-action buttons in yiour next campaign. Please share your thoughts below.
* Image from Facebook.