Introducing Paper – Stories From Facebook
It’s been a busy last few weeks at Facebook. There was that slight but significant update to the Facebook News Feed last week, and now we find out Facebook Paper is released. “Paper” is a new iPhone App (sorry Android users) which features a redesigned version of the Facebook News Feed.
So What Exactly is Facebook’s Paper?
According to Facebook, Paper is a new app that helps you explore and share stories from friends and the world around you.
Wait…isn’t that what Facebook and the Facebook Mobile App is?
Apparently not. Facebook says Paper makes storytelling more beautiful because there is an immersive design that comes with full screen distraction-free layouts. Just like Flipboard! Of course Paper makes it easier for you to “craft and share beautiful stories of your own.”
The New Facebook News Feed on “Paper”
When you login in to “your Paper”, you’ll find stories and themed sections. You can choose your favourite interests to follow. Your Facebook News Feed is the first section users will see, as well as what Facebook calls inspiring new designs for photos, videos, and longer written posts.
“Storytelling and sharing have been reimagined in Paper to show stories at their best.
- Everything responds to your touch so you can pick up or thumb through stories with simple, natural movements
- You can tilt your phone to explore high-resolution panoramic photos from corner to corner, and see faces and other important details up close
- Fullscreen autoplay videos come to life and bring you deep into the action
- Beautifully detailed covers make it easy to spot articles from trusted publishers and decide what to read or watch.· Articles unfold in the app and appear fullscreen for a focused reading experience
- When you’re ready to tell your own story, you know exactly what your post or photo will look like because you see a live preview before you share it”
Sounds like fun huh? This is Facebook’s Flipboard. Oh and but the way, it’s only available on the U.S. App Store.
Preview it in this video below:
Do you think this is Facebook taking on Flipboard?
If you’re in the U.S., have you downloaded the app yet? I’d love to hear your review – please let us know in the comments below.