Have You Heard of Google My Business?
Google launched a really cool new tool today to help small businesses connect with their customers. Google My Business is the name they’ve given this new product and they say it will allow local small business to connect with customers using Search, Maps, and of course, Google+. This is huge news in my book. Especially for Local SEO strategies and tactics.
“There’s one thing that lies at the heart of every business: customers. Customers are the reason why businesses flourish, and their shared passion for your craft is what makes running a business so rewarding. For many business owners, customers are more than just patrons – they’re your regulars, your advocates and your friends. In other words, they’re your people.
The Internet is connecting more businesses with their people every day. However, our users tell us that finding these loyal customers can be complex and time-consuming. We believe it shouldn’t be. That’s why we are happy to introduce Google My Business – a free and easy way to find and connect with your people, wherever you are.”
How Does Google My Business Work?
It’s all really pretty simple. The Google My Business tool brings together all the helpful, relevant, and useful Google apps you’re likely using for your business every day.
- Update your business info on Search, Maps and Google+ from one place to make it easy for customers to get in touch.
- Add beautiful photos of your business and a virtual tour of your business interior to help customers see what makes your business unique.
- Connect directly with your fans and customers by sharing news, events and other important updates from your Google+ page.
- Stay on top of reviews from across the web, and respond to Google reviews.
- Understand how people find and interact with your business using custom insights and integration with AdWords Express.
- Manage your information on-the-go with the Google My Business Android app and the iOS app (launching soon)
Along with Google My Business, the search giant also upgraded all current users of Places for Business and Google+ to this new experience.
Check out the new dashboard:
Do you use Google+ for your your local business? If not, you should. I recommend using a Google+ Local Business page if you’re looking to improve your local SEO.
How often do you update and optimize your company’s Google+ page? I tend to give our client’s G+ pages an update each month. We also populate our client’s Google+ Local Business Page with relevant content.
Google will rank a Google+ post in search rankings – likely because they are Google and can do this – over a Facebook post, just saying.