Online Marketing Tips For Small Businesses
Many local companies have used some form of digital marketing online even if they are not aware of it. As a business owner and advertiser, you need to find the best online marketing tips for small businesses, in order to source the appropriate marketing channels that deliver maximum returns for your business. With lots of studies proving digital marketing ROI, it makes sense to use digital channels for promoting your business.
There are countless online marketing strategies available, how do you go about picking the best channel or mix for your business? You must find a balance between your advertising budget and the costs of using a particular channel.
Here are four digital strategies that will allow you to make the most of your advertising budget:
4 Online Marketing Strategies To Use Today
1. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Consumers are going mobile and local, making it more important than ever for you to increase your visibility with your local target audience. Did you know 85 percent of consumers use the Internet to find local businesses?
One of the key findings in this survey is that most people were just as likely to turn to the internet, as they were to ask for personal recommendations about a local business. This shows you how important local SEO is.
You must use it to get local customers to find your business. It’s also important that you get your local SEO strategy right so your business scores a consistently high rank on local search engine results pages.
Here are a few techniques on how to solve your local SEO problem .
2. Content Marketing:
Content marketing is a very effective way to generate qualified leads for any business. To start, consider the following areas when setting your content goals:
- A: Think about what your customers needs are.
- B: Make your content searchable.
- C: Create your content in a format that is easy for use.
- D: Optimize for mobile.
When you are creating content it’s a good idea to think about how your business can solve one particular problem. Focus each piece of content on that.
3. Social Media Marketing
We all know how much time people spend on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. Social media is the top internet activity and people of all ages are spending large amounts of time on these sites. This means you have a better chance of getting their attention through social media advertising than traditional media.
If you want to boost social media ROI, here are a few things you should keep in mind:
- A:You can optimize the use of targeted features on most social sites. They allow you to be very specific in terms of customer profiling, so your content can reach users who have a better chance of converting into customers.
- B: Your content or ads will appear directly in the users news feeds. So try to mix up the content or use different images and rotate your ads.
- C: Many users access their social media accounts with their smartphones, make sure your content and ads are always mobile friendly.
If you want to learn more about why Facebook campaigns are actually awesome check out this great article.
4. Email Marketing
If you’ve been ignoring emails as a marketing channel because you think it’s outdated, think again. Email marketing still has one of the lowest costs per lead and should be a digital tool you use on a regular basis.
An email can be a great way to encourage engagement and strengthen your brand. If you are only using email to advertise your brand, you won’t be doing justice to this channel. You need to provide something of value to your recipients.
Here are four things you must do to increase the value of your email:
- A: Use a promotion to encourage readers to act on the email.
- B: Timing is everything. You should send emails at the correct time to get the most engagement.
- C: Measure your results to fine tune your message.
- D: Make sure your email is mobile friendly.
A good email has potential to deliver the returns you are looking for. Don’t ignore this channel at any cost.
Remember creating content that is relevant to your business and making it searchable is key.
Once you have done that you need to share it using the appropriate social media platforms along with a strategic mix of social media advertising, as all with your email list.
I hope after reading this you know that all your digital marketing must be mobile friendly. Combined these four digital strategies and your marketing will move in right direction.
If you need help crafting your digital marketing strategy, we can help!