Social Customer Service & The Social Customer
Your customers are social customers. Your business needs to excel at social customer service
For the sake of the future success of your business, it’s important that you understand how customers act during their buying cycle. These days customers and prospects have much more information at their fingertips along with many different methods of communication.
Customer service today is like nothing before. The digital age has forced customer service to the forefront of social media marketing for some businesses.
This simple fact makes it ever important for brands to not only follow the conversations happening online about them, but also for brands to get a better understanding of the social consumer.
The slideshare presentation below from all-in-one customer support app, Desk, is a great start to understanding the online behaviour or your customers.
Here are some social customer service stats I wanted to highlight:
- At least 20% of the world’s population uses Social Media
- That’s more than half the 2.4 Billion internet users around the world
- 46% of customers want to engage with brands via Facebook to solve problems
- 39% of them are looking to give feedback about products or services
- 22% of customers expect same-day responses – 29% expect them within 2 hours
- 88% of customers are influenced by reading reviews
- On average 1 social customer will tell 42 other people about a company
If you’re not using social media yet, or you’re not engaging with your fans/followers and providing social customer service, take a look at this slideshare presentation and you’ll be convinced that you need to step up your social media game.