Digital Marketing Objectives & Challenges
There’s no doubt you’re seriously considering your digital marketing efforts for this year. If you haven’t strategized and executed a plan already, you’re hopefully close to finishing your reasearch and laying out your tactics.
Below you’ll find a handy infographic from Webmarketing123.com that outlines what’s working and what’s not and what over 500 marketers are saying about the state of digital marketing in 2014, their top digital goals, challenges, and what they’re planning for this year.
“The 2014 report reveals marketers are shifting their focus to revenue generation, not just leads. This is reflective of the increasing pressure on marketers to prove ROI and contribute to the bottom line,” says Paul Taylor, CEO. “As digital marketing channels have proliferated, marketers are increasingly challenged to operate in more complex systems, better align with sales, and focus on the right KPIs.”
Highlights of Digital Marketing Objectives for 2014
- Digital marketing gets all the buzz but only 25% of the total marketing budget. Off line spends make up 75%.
- There has been an increase in 50% more outsourcing for search marketing. Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), and Social Media Optimization (SMO) are clearly priorities for many digital marketers.
- 63% of marketers plan to spend more on content marketing, content creation, and content curation. This will be money well spent as optimized content will always be king and social sharing is his queen.
- 75% of surveyed marketers will spend more on mobile marketing. This should come as no surprise to anyone reading this.
- 1 in 5 B2B marketers have generated revenue from social media.
- 1 in 3 B2C marketers have generated revenue from social media.
Top Digital Marketing Challenges
- Measuring ROI still remains a challenge for many digital marketers regardless of channel.
- Overall, B2C marketers see measuring ROI as their biggest challenge, where B2B marketers #1 challenge in 2014 is generating leads. Hello!! Let’s talk inbound content marketing!
- 26% of marketers don’t even know which channel delivers the best leads!
- Even worse, 33% don’t know which channel generates the most revenue.
Webmarketing123.com offers you to download the full 2014 State of Digital Marketing Report to see the full details.
For now, check out the infographic for more stats.