Introducing The New Twitter Redesign
Twitter has been on a roll lately with significant changes allowing users to make their content more engaging. Recently they enabled tagging photos on twitter as well as the option to upload multiple photos. This was a long time coming considering Facebook has enabled these features for users to abuse for many years. This week, the anticipated Twitter redesign was rolled out and there are 3 key benefits that all digital marketers, social media consultants, and content creators need to know.
What’s New In The Redesign?
This new look Twitter is pretty freakin’ cool. I love the way it looks. There are actually more than 3 new additions in this latest Twitter redesign of the user interface. For example your new web profile lets you upload a much larger profile photo and customize your header in ways you were unable to before.
The Three Main Redesign Features
1. Best Tweets: Tweets that have received more engagement will appear slightly larger, so your best content is easy to find.
2. Pinned Tweet: Pin one of your Tweets to the top of your page, so it’s easy for your followers to see what you’re all about.
3. Filtered Tweets: Now you can choose which timeline to view when checking out other profiles. Select from these options: Tweets, Tweets with photos/videos, or Tweets and replies.
When Does The Twitter Redesign Roll Out For Everyone?
Of course, it’s coming soon to the masses. Twitter says that the new profile setup is available now to a small group of users. The good news is, if you have never used Twitter, or are starting a new Twitter profile for one of your client’s, you’ll start right in with the new redesigned profile.
For live examples of the new Twitter redesign, check out these profiles:
- Film stars @zacefron and @channingtatum
- First Lady Michelle Obama @flotus
- Musicians @JohnLegend and band @weezer